Sunday, August 21, 2022

STITCHING FOR THE SISTERS

I love my volunteer work with The Stitching Sisters 
We make lap quilts for patients going thru chemo treatments
at the James OSU Hospitals in Columbus OH.

The director, Joanne Lester, is on the left, me on the right!


I do a lot of my charity work for them at home.

I found 20+ Trip Around The World blocks..
I stated these about 10 years ago…
time to send them on to be used.  


I brought this fabric home from the center and made a kit.
Someone else will piece it and another
will quilt it and someone else will bind it.
 Everyone has the tasks they enjoy!


A donated FQ bundle into a kit.


More Connecting Threads fabric
for more kits.


I pulled together all my orphan blocks
 and used SS fabric for the background
A great sampler top!


More Connecting Threads fabric
into a different pattern.


I brought all this home with me
 to cut and kit at my leisure.


And this grouping. 


And sew this charity...continues
with hundreds of volunteers and millions of stitches,
thousands of recipients who have a moment to smile
and know someone cares about their journey.
Hugs from quilters, stitched with love.


1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of putting kits together like this for people to sew.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.