Monday, August 15, 2022

MY SANTA IS JINGLING AND JANGLING

I am always behind the TRENDS in the quilting world.
I never hop straight on the band wagon.
I like things to simmer.
I like to figure out, if indeed, I want to make the make!

This SWELL Vintage Santa was one of those projects!
He took me right back to my childhood!




I saw a friend make this Jingle Jangle Pattern
and fell hard...like off the roof hard...for it!


But I didn't have any of the SWELL fabrics.
Cause I don't jump on the bandwagon!

Well before I know it...She sent me some fabric,
a few others sent me fabric and I found the Santa on Line.
I may have had the mini charms in my stash.


Quickly I had the Jingle Jangle quilt top done.
You can see I opted for a charcoal gray solid background
vs the green/white blender!

Just another bandwagon bump!


Then the top sat for a year!
I was scared to work with the Santa.
HE IS HUGE!


But I decided to get it done.
and I did it!  Sewed him onto the
Jingle Jangle
HO HO HO
quilt top!


I was also scared to cut away the quilt from under Santa.


But I did it!
Now he waits for Kim Hensley @happilyeveryquilting
to work her magic.

I just need him for Christmas!



And lets not forget the backing.
Hustle and Bustle line by Basic Grey!




Check back by Christmas...he will be making a list,
checking it twice,
Gonna find out whose Naughty or Nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.