Monday, December 19, 2022

GIRLS, CORKS and FORKS

Because Cork n Fork parties are fun!
I begin the preparation November 1st
when I put up a wine theme tree in my kitchen.
I absolutely LOVE this tree!

I use wooden wine boxes as the tree collar!


2022 was spent collecting 'bunches of grapes' at thrift stores.
And I covered this tree every color of grape possible.


I also needed lots of texture...from grapevine wreaths
to glittery ornaments.


And lots of corks wrapped in fabric as ornaments


And a topper fitting for any winery tree!
Grapevine leaves and all.


This is the 3rd year I have hosted (as one friend stated)
 the G.O.A T. holiday parties, with my girl friends.

All creative souls, from quilters, to gardeners!


It begins with lots of wine and food...cork and fork!


I make a Red Holiday Sangria..that disappears before the ice melts


And oh these appetizers are amazing.




I made jar-cuteries
instead of one big charcuterie board!
A huge success, enjoyed by all.


We milled around chatting and eating.




Until everyone arrived, there were 19 of us this year!


An annual Christmas sock exchange...
with packaged fun under the tree!


Squeals of delight in what they opened...


Until theivery and sock pirates appear!
Vikki had her socks stolen 3 times!


and of course, wine appears wearing ugly sweaters, 
cause an ugly sweater contest is about to happen.  


The best heartwarming guest is Cheryl Kaye.
After a dreadful year full of chemotherapy,
and a double mastectomy, SHE beat her 
breast cancer and joined the fun!
 Her new hair looks amazing.


And lucky me...this wine was unopened and 
LEFT BEHIND!


More on this party and the ugly sweaters coming soon!
This is the gift I give myself, time with my girlfriends.




A

1 comment:

  1. It looks like there was a ton of fun happening that night. I'd love to host a party like that but with both kids' birthdays also in December, I probably wouldn't be able to find the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.