Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 - A YEAR IN REVIEW

2014 was...well all about fabric!

I kept my sewing focus by joining in these challenges!

January
My "personal challenge" in 2014 was to "Bust My Stash"
 I made over 70 (yep seventy) projects
From little fabric coasters to a queen size kwilt!


February
Fell off the "not buying fabric" wagon with $1.50 FQs!!!
No more fabric diets for me...ever!


March
 Moda "2wenty Thr3e" jelly roll to this beauty



April
I was lucky to do some long arm kwilting 
 Baby kwilts for twins - in my Etsy shop



Dancing Dragonflies for me



Jelly Roll "Modern Quilt Blocks"  
finished kwilt in my Etsy store



May
A little fun at kwilt retreat!
I ran my own sweatshop...piecing 5 tops




Entered COMMA.JUST.COMMA 
National Quilt Show (NQA)  "modern category"



 "House Dressings" made from my Mom's house dresses
was proudly displayed in the Recycled Exhibit




June
Time to buy more fabric
Dear Stella's Woodwinked  
I gotta thing for "owls" and "mushroom" 
and these colors!!!


July
Pieced a stack of kwilt tops
 and played in my flower gardens



August
Hot weather - cool polar bear kwilt



September
Made 2 Nested Churn Dash Mini's
using Ghastlies fabric


Hosted my "first" (and successful) on-line swap
 Ghastlies, of course!



October
Vacation....at the beach!
But that doesn't stop my from sewing!
Both kwilts are finished and in my Etsy Shop.




November
Wrapped up the Handmade Christmas Challenge
You can see my post on these finishes here

 Love making pillowcases

and zippy pouches


and by December I was pretty much "burned out"
but managed to finish up a couple Christmas kwilts

A little Crown Royal...all stitched up



 Ohio State Buckeyes kwilt


 

If you want to see all the items I made for my Etsy shop...

What's should you expect from me in 2015?
Stay tuned!



5 comments:

  1. You certainly had a busy year. It will fun to see what you've got on tap for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's amazing to see it all laid out like that, are you exhausted? LOL. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a year you had! Can't wait to see what you'll do in '15.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a great year and completed so many wonderful things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.