Sunday, June 30, 2019

NORDIC WOODS BABY

A friend asked me last spring...
what do you charge to make a baby quilt?
I explained the cost varies, but
 quoted the "friends" price.
Her eyes widened and said...oh I have to think about that.  
I told her if you select fabrics I have in my stash...
I can make it for....$$$

Still, she had to think about it.
A month later, I saw her and she decided
the quilt was to be made.

I sent her options of fabrics and she chose
Nordic Woods by Michael Miller.


This quilt is for her niece and nephew's baby and they are outdoor, hiking peeps. 
 She loved the bright vivid colors.

I put the top together at a May quilt retreat.
Perfect 10 pattern by Swirly Girls with no border.
It took a while to get the colors / blocks
arranged.  A few sewing peeps helped me
make it look this great!


I found the backing orange/white fabric
in my stash.  YAY!


Quilted and the binding is the same  
striped fabric used on the back.


Here you can see the traditional FMQ meandering.
I love this for a baby quilt.
I like to sew my business tag into the binding.



And the one fabric backing, also traditional, works.
Especially when you are working on a budget
of time and money.



I delivered the quilt and another success story finished.
The finished size  is  48" x 54".
Customer was very happy the baby can use this 
lapsize quilt for many, many years.
Check deposited!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.