Thursday, August 1, 2019

CHRISTMAS IN JULY - PROJECT 1

My first project for Christmas in July sewing
is my Vintage Truck/Christmas Tree Quilt

I started this last year making Economy Blocks
The Michael Miller print seemed to say...
FUSSY CUT ME!
Add some GRUNGE and buffalo and 
I was in the truck and on my way!



I set the blocks in a soft off-gray background.

Then alternated buffalo checks to make staggered rows.
Ahhh, nice but not big enough.
Sew I added buffalo checks to build it out.


Still not big enough...
Sew I added sashing to the right sides of the blocks.


I finally found a sashing design that 
my eyes could live with.  


This lap size quilt is for my hubby, Phil and is 6'2"
Still not big enough, sew I added a border in black.
I need to make a flannel backing.
...but for all intent and purpose...
This Christmas in July project is finished to
the place I need it to be. 


I made these two pillows last year.


And to remind you...
The Vintage Truck/Christmas tree theme in my house
Oh, just a few holiday decor items here.



A simple yet pretty wreath...says
Home for the Holidays


And a peek of the Vintage Truck Tree in my foyer.
A Home for the Holiday Welcome
to all who enter.



I will have the lap quilt done by Christmas !
Stay tuned...I will be reviewing all my 
Christmas in July sewing projects this month!

Did you have any Christmas in July projects?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.