Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2019 FINISHES

2019 was a good year for my creativity.
I made a lot of fun things.
This post is about my sewing projects.

The year began with a trip to the beach with 
3 Kathys.  I made the other 2 Kathys
sun glass cases and card/key fobs






I finished a couple drawstring bags
that were started at GlampStitchalot in 2018
This camel was supposed to be an oval wall hanging or hoop.
I thought it would be cute as a knitting bag.


The ugly sweater block...also became a drawstring bag.
I gifted this one.



I finished a Poolside Tote and gifted to a friend
for her 70th Birthday.  She used to have a nail salon
called Arizona's Retreat.


My biggest accomplishment was FINALLY FINISHING
my Ghastlie version of Moda Make Modern Quilt.
Cassandra Beaver quilted it for me. 



The backing was the very first line of Ghastlies from 2009


2019 was a year for new babies.
My step-daughter had lots of friends having babies
sew I made 3 for her to gift them.

Take a blue fish panel and make it girlie!


Backing using up scraps.


This baby girl needed piggies.


And plenty left for the backing.


Next baby needed pink and gray elephants...trunks UP!



And some marching across the quilt back.


A garden friend commissioned this 
Foxy outdoor themed quilt for her niece.



The orange and white strip was the back and binding.



Another friend needed a Winnie the Pooh quilt
for her niece's baby.


I loved this backing almost as much
as the front.



A great-grandson, Elijah Carter Chatman, made his way into the world. Sew he received this fun quilt I made using cute
  Australian animal prints.




Finished the top for my Modern Flags quilt.
Backing is also complete...just need to quilt.


I made a Buckeye fabric, one-hour basket and filled it
with Ohio State Buckeye cards.





The next 3 quilts had been finished before 2019 
but I  donated them as Christmas gifts to an adopted family 
thru an efforts of a good fiends and her local real estate company!\
I love paying it forward






I finished two vintage red truck quilts.

This is a table runner/wall hanging


This is my hubby's Christmas gift!
Vintage Trucks, Barns and Wagons
set in economy blocks.



 I was gonna keep this quilt.  I actually made it into
a bed runner and table topper...then changed my mind.
I made the quilt for a sweet friend.
She has had a very rough year and now she has
a hug from me anytime she needs it.

I forgot to get a pic before I gifted it!


The backing was just as sweet with the medallion holiday prints!



The last finish for 2019 is my top for the
Columbus Modern Quilters Mystery Quilt Challenge.
I absolutely loved this journey.
It was indeed a challenge, but sew fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.