Thursday, January 23, 2020

FLASH GORDON FINDS THE FLASH!

If you know me, you know when I am away from home...
I quilt. I find quilt guilds, fabric, local shops,
and sometimes new quilty friends.

Being in Fort Myers FL this winter is no exception.
Just a mile away from my condo is this fabulous LQS.
FLASH Sew and Quilt.
They have two LQS, the other is in Naples, FL.


A good variety of notions, patterns, books and fabric.


I was surprised to find a few Elizabeth Hartman patterns.
The leaves and the dog with a sweater patterns in pillows.
The dog is done up Florida style 
A Tommy Bahama shirt instead of a sweater.


Pretty quilt tops hanging everywhere.
Lots of batiks here...as with all Florida LQS
(not my thing)


How can one NOT be happy walking into all this color?


A cute Christmas tree table runner caught my eye.
It was above the sale rack...which also caught my eye.

 

The class room is also full of fun quilt pattern options.


My favorite batting has a home here.


and I found some fabrics for my Perry County Flamingo quilt.


Friday afternoons there is a "sit and sew"
Sew...I checked that out and met some new quilty friends.



Quilters...who live or winter here for years...
had never heard of the outdoor quilt show
held in Venice the first Saturday in February.
"Airing of the Quilts"
A couple eyebrows raised when I said "modern".
I hope they will consider it...but perhaps not?
I will be there with my quilty partner in crime, Kathy Guenther.
We have attended this show several times
cause its THAT GOOD!

If you can make it...its oh so worth the time!.
Take a peek at the 2015 Sarasota Modern Quilt Guilds
"Airing of the Quilts" here.  



1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.