Wednesday, January 15, 2020

2019 MYSTERIOUS SEWING

Sew here's the MYSTERY!

Leigh Morgan was the coordinator for the Columbus Modern Quilters
2019 Mystery Quilt Challenge
Every other month we received a CLUE or directions
 to make a part of the Mystery Quilt.

Clue 1 was to pick fabrics
I decided to pull from my stash and used 4 tones in each color way!
Clue 2 was to cut the fabrics
I made an index card that showed the colors and their labels.
This makes it easy to figure out what goes where
when sewing pieces together.


Clue 3 
Sew this block, using specific fabrics
and a specific layout


Clue 4
make more blocks with specific colors and instructions
(these will eventually go into other blocks
but we didn't know that yet)


Here you see clues 
5, 6, 7 and 
Clue 1 is the bottom Right block


Clue 8
These geese and economy blocks will become
parts of other blocks (we don't know that yet)


Clue 9 (yep here are those blocks from clue 8)


I love these blocks!


Clue 10
(these are put together from Clue 3)


And THEN we had to figure out how to lay the blocks out
WITHOUT any instruction.
I was in a dizzy tizzy until I started to think...
LOGICALLY
Yes sometimes I can do that!

Lay out all the block in order, the way the block finishes 
(use the pictures / diagrams from the clues)
THEN begin in the center with Block 1...there was only 1 block
The next round only needed 4 blocks
The next round needed X number of blocks
The next round needed X number of blocks
and sew on until the final 4 corner blocks
are set and the 60" square quilt top is finished!


I love it!
I love that it is scrappy!
I love that I pulled from my stash to make this one!
I loved the great mystery most of all!

The reveal was Tuesday Dec 10th
And here they are...at least the ones who showed up for the reveal!


As the new year begins, I hope you have plenty of time for sewing.
Why not make a mystery quilt?
I have already started my 2020 MQ Challenge with
Columbus Modern Quilters.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.