Monday, February 3, 2020

KAY'S LQS NOT SEW LOCAL

I find Local Quilt Shops, wherever I may be.
The sewing peeps I met here in Fort Myers, FL 
(at another shop) 
mentioned I should visit Kay's.


The NOT SEW LOCAL part floored me!
Among all the flyers available for quilts shows, etc.
I found these two flyers...
Dabble and Stitch is located in Columbus, OH
And the BOM 'Zoo Family Portrait" quilt pattern is by
Cassandra Beaver, who is an Ohio sewing peep and my friend.


This is Kay...she was so friendly and we had lots
to talk about, including Cassandra who might be
teaching a class here at the shop!  



How couldn't resist some Allison Glass, Diving Board
fabrics in the sale area for $7/yd.


One yard cuts that will go well with all my AG scraps
waiting for me at home. 
All these pieces were given to me by generous
Instagram friends as part of the yearly
 #getyourquiltywishesgranted 



It's times like this...I miss my sewing room and all MY STUFF!

Permission granted to take pics of the shop and fabrics!
Lots of batiks lined the shelves
and the Florida vibe was apparent!







Behind this fun wall was the shop classroom...
isn't the bunting a cute idea!


I may join in a Monday 'sit and sew' before
return home in April.
If you are in the
e Fort Myers area..stop in and check
out Kay's Quilt Shop!
(location is very close to I-75)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.