Monday, March 1, 2021

B & C LOVE EM? or LEAVE EM?

I am talking about...Bonnie & Camile fabrics.
I am not a big fan!

Yet, there in my stash was 'April Showers'
that I simply forgot about.
I had a layer cake, charm packs and solid navy.
The March Sewcial Distance quilt with Kin was born.

We were Sewcial distanced with 700 mikes this time.
Me at Ocean Isle Beach NC
Kim  in Pickerington OH!


We both also had The Thimble Blossoms pattern Cake Walk!


Ok I am not real excited but let’s see where it goes
My fabric pull by the beach.


Kim’s pull for the project.


It really went together fast
21 units - Block A


21 Units - Block B


7 each - Units C and D


And progress looks good.  Started to warm up to this one.


7 rows of Sashing


Sashing by the Sea.


Horizontal rows with a view and my excitement is growing. 


I forgot my numbered row markers 
Sew straight pins worked just fine to keep my rows in order.


There was a LOT of pinning a LOT of seams. 
To keep the intersections lined up.


And finally the top is all sewn together.




I am very excited it turned out sew good.
I actually LIKE it!
BEACHY SHOWERS pics at the Beach, coming soon!

This was the 5th Sewcial Distance quilt top
Kim and I have finished since RONA, The VID, or whatever you
call the virus bitch,  raised her ugly head.
We have another top selected, but hoping with us both getting
our vaccines....we can sew that one together/together!




1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! I also have an April Showers Layer Cake that I don't know what to do with. Maybe I'll use this pattern. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.