Saturday, October 15, 2022

STRIP PLUS QUILT

OK, I still need to put the binding on this one.
I am waiting for my Bernina 740 to get back from spa day.
If its not finished soon...I will use my Bernina 440.
I like the dual feed on the 740, sew I should just wait!
It's been a spa month but I was told 6 weeks, sew....🙁

My good friend Kim Hensley, of Happily Every Quilting,
did the longarm quilting and isn't it lovely!


We decided on a fun E2E design called
Mr. Marbles and white thread.
I love the curved quilting against the geometric pluses.


The colors just pop on the white background.


I used an older jelly roll, Reel Time, by Zen Chic. 
I wanted a gray, mustard, green and black color scheme.
I pulled out the blues and oranges.


The backing by Alison Glass was a super buy at
Zincs Warehouse in Berlin, OH.
I thought the X and + design of white on gray
was perfect.


Last August, Kim brought the quilt to a quilt retreat 
we attended, at Newkirk House in Newark OH.


I did have some left over PLUS blocks
and will make either pillows or a table runner
with some other fabrics I found in my stash.


I love everything about this journey.
The quilt finished at 60" x 69"
Quilting is sew much fun!
The binding has been ready...
Let's roll!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy, I really enjoyed seeing this quilt tonight at the QQ meeting. I believe you said this was a Cut Loose pattern. Is that correct? Can you tell me the name of it? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.