Friday, July 31, 2020

SCRAPPY TRIPPY KIMMY

I have a great kwilty friend who loves scraps.
One of the first projects she encouraged me to do is...
Scrappy Trip Around the World blocks.


I have a project bin, with all the blocks
ready to sew.  Clover clips keep each block separate.


I used a light green print down the center of each block.
Looking at it now...there's not a lot of variance in color value.

I used the Bonnie Hunter's tutorial
and you can find that one here!
These (now) ugly blocks will come charity quilts.
Proves once more...I never have been a fan of BH.

 
My scrappy queen friend is Kim Hensley.
She recently came to sew with me and her
scrappy quilt blocks are amazing!


Kim is using a Christmas Jelly Roll.
and she added white as an alternating row.

She found the more MODERN tutorial,
that uses a jelly roll for the blocks,
over at Woodberry Way Blog.
For the sewalong / tutorial click here.

I want THESE blocks...not mine!


Have you made a Scrappy Trip quilt?
IF I make another it will be
 with a jelly rolls from my stash!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.