Saturday, January 1, 2022

2022 IS HERE!


Happy New Year to all my followers.
After 10 years of blogging...I am still here
and sew are you.  Thank you for hanging in with me.
I often think about throwing in the blog towel,
but I still enjoy it...even if it has fallen from favor
in the social media world. 

I guess I still have more to say!

How can it be 2022 already.
2021 has been almost as bad as 2020 with COVID still
busting our chops.  BUT  fully vaccinated makes me feel
much safer and sew much wiser!

I do have lots of new projects on the 2022 horizon!
But I am not sure what order or when they will happen.
AND that's OK!

Lets start with this fun PLUS quilt.
I am totally drawn to PLUS designed quilts. 
I had worked on it at a quilt retreat in Nov, 2021


But it needed some quiet time on the design wall at home
for me to make the decisions about what goes where.

Let me mention something about these colors.
I saw and fell in love with this color combo
 in a new release called "Timber" by Sweetwater.






I thought maybe I had some of these colors in my stash.
I found a Layer Cake by Zen Chick call Quotation
in my stash...it had almost the same colors.


I simply pulled the orange color tones... added a few darker
green and mustard FQs and VOILA
I had the colors without buying ANY fabrics.
Prints didn't matter as they are cut into smaller pieces.

ALWAYS check your stash before you buy!


The Strip Plus pattern by GE Designs is
 ready to sew into rows, when I am ready. 



And a second Patchwork Tree Quilt Block quilt is on my radar.
Amy Smart has a great free tutorial on this one. 
The first one I made, I have to my friend Shirley, who was going thru
breast cancer treatments.



The new version will use MODA Swell Christmas line
with a few others mixed in.




The next quilt top has had my attention for awhile.
I am always one who likes to "CUT LOOSE"
Sew maybe that's what drew me to this pattern.

I have lots of scraps of Alison Glass and Giucy Giuce (Giuceppe Ribaudo)
 fabrics, which will be amazing in this design, set on a white background.
I will have to cut this as I go...cause scraps.




The Tomte Tree and Gnome quilt is cut and ready to sew.
Perhaps a Christmas in July quilt?
Its gonna be scarlet, gray, white and black
and will be great for the Ohio State Buckeye Fan who
loves football, Christmas and Gnomes
It will be more Buckeye Love than Christmas Love!




I cut this out in June as after loosing
my best friend, Moose. 
 The healing power of a sharp rotary blade is amazing. 
Some very old charm packs in this one. 




I did purchase this Basic Grey Hustle and Bustle FQ bundle in 2021.
I just love it in sew many ways!




Not sure what pattern I will use this fabulous fabric with...
but Meadowland pattern is in the running.




I also bought some beautiful vibrant GRUNGE
 fabrics (on the right) that will become leaves for a fall quilt.




I think this Fall Breeze, just might be the pattern for the leaves.
but I'm not much for the lighter pink leaves.
But I do love a good Burgandy! (pun intended)




Oh yes, there are probably more.
I also need to make a new purse for my Beach vacation 
coming to me end of January and early February.

I will also be pattern testing for Frannie B Quilt Company
sew there's more tops to make!

Sew if you made it to here...please leave me a comment
and tell me why you read my blog.

Appreciate IT!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.