Wednesday, November 30, 2022

GHASTLIES JEAN JACKET

Halloween is anytime you think of The Ghastlies. 
Take this jacket, for instance. 
A couple years ago I was inspired by Wild BoHo over on IG.
She has many beautiful hand embroidered and beaded pieces.
Especially GHASTLIES!


But it was kinda boring…a word I don’t use with GHASTLIES
Sew I kicked it up a notch!
I used a lightweight fusible and
kept layering Ghastliness til they screamed
ENOUGH!


This was the very boring front)


Then the updated, layered look.


Take a closer look at the Ghastlies on the back of the jacket.
I love the umbrella!


And the saying is definitely Ghastlie language.  
It’s from the fabric line ‘Something This Way Ghastlie Comes’


I just kept adding bits and pieces of Ghastlies.
Pressed them down and machine stitched around them.


And stitched them down with my sewing machine.


Pockets are loaded with fun!
instead of money! LOL!




Someday I hope to add some beading and embroidery stitching 
to really bling it up!

But for now, I turn heads when I wear it!
I think the Ghastlie family would be smiling,




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.