Monday, February 22, 2021

JOURNALING


I encourage each of you to journal your creative journey.
It doesn't have to be anything elaborate.
Just keep a list of your projects each year.

Maybe write the who, what, when, where and why
about the project!  What you enjoyed, what wasn't so fun.
Did you learn anything while making the project.
 
I don't spend money of elaborate journals, stickers and such.
I make my fabric covers for Compositions books.

Here is my 2021 journal made with Allison Glass fabrics.
Front, Back and inside pocket flaps.
And I have a pen tab which sometimes I forget to use!

Front Pocket is kinda deep...and you can slide stuff behind the flap.


Back pocket has my label
and a bit shorter than the front.
Again, room to slide behind the flap.


I use heavy cardstock and glue to pages for various sections.
A large paper clip helps me find the sections easily.
And i write on that cardstock what's in that section.

Projects
I number the projects as I begin them
They might be finished months later, so I come back
to the beginning to add notes, so leave space.

Notes and Tutorials
If there is a project I use a lot, I might jot down
specs for it here.

Cards
I make a lot of cards and this section
will tell me the details about them
or perhaps a video I used to make a card.

Misc
Just that

Knitting
I need to add a section for this
but I might include this with MISC.


 Here are my journals from previous years.
I usually get 2 years of information inside one journal.


A glass of wine helps my creativity flow.


If you would like to see how I make these fabric covers...
Check out my tutorial here.
Its written for (QAYG) Quilt As You Go technique
but can be adjusted for any type covering.

One day someone will find your journals
and be happy to read about your creative journey.

I'm not much for New Years resolutions but...
Here's to 2021 and lots of beautiful makes!


1 comment:

  1. Love your journal. I would like to see a tutorial on how to make one. I would do some appliqué or hand embroidery on the front.
    Mburnette912@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.