Tuesday, December 1, 2020

CHRISTMAS TREASURES

I have been helping my Brother-in-law, Gary, downsize
his 5,000 sq ft house.  Last fall his wife, Leah, of 30+ years
lost her battle with cancer.  He is 82, rattling around
this huge place, suffers with some stroke disabilities
 and is totally overwhelmed!
Kathy and Phil to the rescue!


When GARY mentioned a CHRISTMAS ROOM that needed
attention, Mrs. Claus was really excited to get started
on a room full of holiday goodies.

This vintage paper mache Santa was one of the first items
 I found and decided he should live with ME!
I just love the uniqueness he brings with his brown
paper bag and those eyes!


I also kept this this ornament tree.
I have often thought about making one.
Now, I don't have to.


And lastly. I couldn't resist this white (fake) feather tree.
I will find a very special place for it.


The downsizing in this room was no easy task.
It took me 2, 5 hour visits JUST to sort the CHRISTMAS stuff.
I found lots items to be donated.

I took 2 car loads like this to charity.



I had to sort thru all this and decide what goes where.


My sister's church in Marion, OH will be decking their halls.
with lots of ornaments


Glitsy garlands


All these large red bells will look pretty
hanging outside the white church.


My 80 yo sister hasn't had a Christmas tree
 in forever. So she will have first pick of everything.

I found these stockings and suggested to sis, she keep one 
and give the others to her friends, as Christmas gift. 


 I found  stocking hangers...for the stockings!
And the holiday happiness goes on and on!


The 3 large bins go to the church.
The 2 small bins, to my sister.


This tree remains at Gary's house.
I may bring this home to put in my great room
I have a Scottish Theme tree and I believe
all my decor will POP on this neutral color tree.


If you know me at all, you know
I LOVE CHRISTMAS!
I believe in paying it forward.
And with this effort, I believe Leah will be pleased
that many people will continue to love
the Christmas she left behind.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. If I don’t respond...sometimes I don’t get a comment notification. Sorry.